- 1C Quinoa (your favorite)
- 1C veggie broth
- 3/4C Water
- 1 can Salsa
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1T chili powder
- 1/4t garlic powder, onion, red pepper flakes, dried oregano
- 1/2t paprika
- 1 1/2 cumin
- salt + black pep to taste
- 2 T coconut oil
Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat add quinoa and toast for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add vegetable broth and water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then reduce heat to low for 15-25 minutes, or until liquid is completely absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Add cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients (salsa, nutritional yeast, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oil). Toss to combine. Then spread on a lightly greased (or parchment-lined) baking sheet.
1. Bake for 20-35 minutes, stirring/tossing once at the halfway point to ensure even baking. The quinoa is done when it’s fragrant and golden brown. Be careful not to burn!
2. This quinoa taco meat goes extremely well in crispy taco shells and soft taco shells, and I also think it would be perfect on nachos, taco salads, tostadas, and in enchiladas. Dream big!
3. Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave, in a 350 degree F (176 C) oven, or in a skillet on the stovetop.